Making Estate Planning Simple,
Reliable And Affordable

Who Will the Court Appoint to Serve as Personal Representative?

If the decedent had a valid Will, the judge will appoint the person or institution named by the decedent, as long as the named person or institution is legally qualified to serve.
If the decedent did not have a Will, the surviving spouse has the first right to be appointed by the judge to serve as Personal Representative. If the decedent was not married or if the decedent’s surviving spouse declines to serve, the person or institution selected by a majority in interest of the decedent’s heirs will have the second right to be appointed as Personal Representative.

If you have any questions about an estate planning or probate matter, please give me a call.

Kindest regards,
JoAnne Daudt, Esq.
JoAnne Larson Daudt, P.A.
Fort Lauderdale, FL
[email protected]